Webguide Microelectronics and Semiconductor Technology
Microelectronic Industry Associations
American Electronics Association
- AeA is the nation's largest high-tech trade association. Founded in 1943, AeA has more than 3,500 member companies that span the high-technology spectrum, from software, semiconductors and computers to Internet technology, advanced electronics and telecommunications systems and services. With 17 regional U.S. councils and international offices in Brussels and Beijing, AeA offers unique global policy grassroots capability and a wide portfolio of valuable business services, products, and events for the high-tech industry. For 58 years, AeA has been the accepted voice of the U.S. technology community.
Association of Super-Advanced Electronics Technologies (ASET)
- ASET, with the most talented and brilliant researchers from the industry and academia, promotes the development of future foundation technology for semiconductors, magnetic recording media, displays, semiconductor equipment, electronics system integration and other relevant technology that form the core of the next generation electronics technology.
Electronic Design Automation Consortium (EDA)
- EDA is the international association of companies developing design tools and services that enable engineers to create the world's electronic products. The EDA Industry provides the critical technology to design electronics that enable the Information Age, including: communications, computers, space technology, medical and industrial equipment and consumer electronics.
Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA)
- The Electronic Industries Alliance is a federation of Associations and Sectors operating in the most competitive yet innovative industry in existence. They are the critical players in their industries. Each has their own members, their own mission, their own autonomy. United under EIA, they form the premier high technology organization in the world.
European Electronic Component Manufacturers Association (EECA)
- From January 2001, the European Electronic Component Manufacturers Association (EECA) has evolved into a new, more focused, industry association. EECA promotes and defends the vital interests of the European Electronic Components Industry and supports its competitive position in the global marketplace.
Under the roof of EECA there are four autonomous associations:
European Semiconductor Industry Association (ESIA)
European Display Industry Association (EDIA)
European Passive Components Industry Association (EPCIA)
European Packaging and Interconnection Industry Association (EPIA).
European Information and Communications Technology Industry Association (EICTA)
- EICTA is the European Information and Communications Technology Industry Association - bringing together 22 national ICT associations from 16 European countries and 31 large ICT corporations with major operations in Europe. EICTA has been operational since 1st January 2000, combining those activities that were previously vested in ECTEL and EUROBIT. It currently represents more than 10.000 European ICT companies.
European Information Technology Observatory
- EITO is a broad and unique European initiative. Its objective is to provide an extensive overview of the European market for information and communications technology and to render services to this industry, to users and public authorities.
European Institute of Printed Circuits
- The European Institute of Printed Circuits (EIPC), based in The Netherlands, is an international service provider to the European Interconnection and Packaging Industry.
Since 1968, the EIPC is servicing almost 200 member companies, including suppliers of machinery and materials to the PCB industry, PCB Manufacturers, contract electronics manufacturers and OEM’s.
The EIPC is network of PCB professionals providing platforms to exchange business and technology information for the success of the European electronics industry.
Fabless Semiconductor Association
- Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA) is an industry organization established in 1994 to achieve a more optimal balance between wafer supply and demand.Today, the FSA includes hundreds of corporate members representing a broad cross-section of the industry, from pure fabless companies to integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) evolving toward a fabless model. Our partners - wafer foundries, packaging and test, investment bankers, consultants, intellectual property providers - are an integral part of our organization's membership and leadership.
France - Joint Equipment Manufacturers Initiative JEMI
- JEMI - France is a non profit association of the French manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, materials and services to the worldwide Semiconductor Industry.
- Intellect is the trade body for the UK based information technology, telecommunications and electronics industry. Our 1,000 members employ more than 1.1 million people and make a huge contribution to the UK economy accounting for around 10% of GDP
The Printed Circuit Interconnection Federation (PCIF), representing the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) Industries, and the Power Supply Manufacturers’ Association (PSMA), merged with Intellect in 2001 and 2003 respectively, and are now represented by the Components and Manufacturing Service Team.
International Union of Vacuum Science, Technique and Applications
IUVSTA is a Union of national member societies whose role is to stimulate international collaboration in the fields of vacuum science, techniques and applications and related multi-disciplinary topics including solid-vacuum and other interfaces.
IUVSTA represents nearly 15,000 physicists, chemists, materials scientists, engineers, and technologists who are linked through their common use of vacuum. They are active in basic and applied research, development, manufacturing, sales, and education.
International Microelectronics and Packaging Society (USA)
- IMAPS will lead the Microelectronics Packaging, Interconnect and Assembly Community, providing means of communicating, educating and interacting at all levels.
The International Microelectronics And Packaging Society (IMAPS) is the largest society dedicated to the advancement and growth of microelectronics and electronics packaging technologies through professional education. The Society’s portfolio of technologies is disseminated through symposia, conferences, workshops, professional development courses and other efforts. IMAPS currently has more than 5,000 members in the United States and more than 4,000 international members around the world.
IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- The IPC is a United States-based trade association dedicated to furthering the competitive excellence and financial success of its members worldwide, who are participants in the electronic interconnect industry.
IPC SMEMA Council (Surface Mount Equipment Manufacturers Association)
IPC SMEMA Council is made up of suppliers to the electronics assemblers, particularly equipment manufacturers. It initiates and drives technical, managerial, and financial programs to enhance the working relationships and equipment compatibility within the electronics assembly industry.
Japan - Semiconductor Equipment Association
- Semiconductor Equipment Association of Japan (SEAJ), founded in March 1985, promoted by the major semiconductor equipment manufacturers, is a nationwide organization of semiconductor manufacturing and liquid crystal display (LCD) panel manufacturing equipment manufacturers and related equipment manufacturers.
Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA)
The Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA) was formed on November 1, 2000, through the merger of the Electronic Industries Association of Japan (EIAJ) and Japan Electronic Industries Development Association (JEIDA). JEITA is a new industry organization in Japan with activities covering both the electronics and information technology (IT) fields.
Japan Printed Circuit Association
- offers Production Statistics and Trade Event Information
Korea Semiconductor Industry Association (KSIA)
- KSIA is a member-driven organization that encourages and demands input from member companies. Its activities and programs thus reflect a philosophy that is truly member-oriented. Committed to increasing the competitiveness of Korean semiconductor producers, KSIA was created to respond to external and internal challenges to Korea's^semiconductor industry.
Microelectronics Packaging and Test Engineering Council (MEPTEC)
- MEPTEC is a trade association of semiconductor suppliers and manufacturers, committed to enhancing the competitiveness of the back-end portion of the semiconductor business. MEPTEC is concerned exclusively with assembly and testing.
Optoelectronics Industry Development Association (OIDA)
- OIDA is a North American industry association representing 50 members, including both large and small companies. Because of their importance as industry R&D resources, our membership is extended to national laboratories and universities. OIDA members represent the leading providers of optoelectronic components and systems enabled by optoelectronics, supporting much of the information age. OIDA's members lead in the research and development of new enabling optoelectronics technology in diverse areas such as fiber optic communications, digital imaging, and storage.
Scottish Advanced Manufacturing Centre
- SAMC offers fully professional electronics training solutions for the electronics industry in mechatronics, semiconductors, IT and computing, and printed circuit assembly. SAMC also provides corporate training solutions for interpersonal skills and business management, as well as contract electronic manufacturing services.
Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI)
- Representing more than 2,400 member companies, Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI) is the trade association serving the global semiconductor equipment, materials and flat panel display industries. Since its inception in 1970, SEMI has played an increasingly vital role in industry expansion, visibility, and representation.
Semiconductor Assembly Council
- Standards and certification body for semiconductor assembly and test subcontractors. Topics: semiconductor assembly and test, subcontract assembly and test, certification, qs-9000, iso-9000, supplier management, supply chain management, quality systems management, quality systems, quality, audit, process control.
Semiconductor Industry Association
- The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) is the premier trade association representing the U.S. microchip industry. SIA member companies comprise 90 percent of U.S. semiconductor production.
Semiconductor Industry Association - Asia Office
- The SIA Asia Office was established in August of 1988 as the SIA Japan office. This regional office serves as a focal point to work with regional organizations to plan trade events on behalf of SIA member semiconductor suppliers.
SMART Group (Surface Mount And Related Technologies)
- The SMART Group is the leading European technical trade association representing the electronics manufacturing industry. The SMART Group aims to promote the advancement of the electronics manufacturing industry through the education, training and notification of its members in surface mount and related assembly technologies, and by the promotion of a community of electronics manufacturing professionals.
Society for Information Display
- The 6000 members of SID are professionals in all of the technical and business disciplines that relate to display research, design, manufacturing, applications, marketing, and sales.
Surface Mount and Circuit Board Association (Australia)
- The Australian SMT Association was formed in 1988 and in 1990 its name was changed to the Surface Mount and Circuit Board Association after the PCB Industry Interest Group joined with the Association.
SMCBA strives to publicize and further the interest of the surface mount, circuit board and related industries through the dissemination of reports, technical information and publications by the conduct of conferences and symposia. The SMCBA is an International Affiliate of the IPC (USA), the SMTA (USA) and SMCBA members.
Surface Mount Technology Association
- The Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA), established in 1984, is a non-profit international association of companies and individuals involved in all aspects of the electronics industry. The Association is dedicated to the advancement of the electronics industry through member education and interaction.
SMTA represents manufacturers of products utlizing SMT applications. Involved in technical conference and seminar organization.
Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association (TSIA)
- As of July 2001, TSIA owns over 140 corporate and associate members, including companies engaged in semiconductor R&D, design, manufacturing, packaging, testing, equipment and materials. TSIA regularly organizes and sponsors a variety of domestic seminars and international symposia to strengthen business linkage and broaden business scope for its member companies.
UK - Joint Equipment and Materials Initiative JEMI
- Essential supplier information for the UK Semiconductor Industry. Topics: FABs, Equipment, Supply Chain Management, Materials,Etch, Process, CVD, Vacuum Pumps, Chemicals,Valves, Semicon, Seminars, Meetings, Wafers production, Suppliers Forum.
US - National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative
- The National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (NEMI) is an industry-led consortium whose mission is to assure global leadership of the North American electronics manufacturing supply chain. With a membership that includes more than 50 electronics manufacturers, suppliers, associations, government agencies and universities, NEMI provides an environment in which partners and competitors alike can collectively anticipate future technology and business needs and effectively develop collaborative courses of action to meet those needs.
World Semiconductor Trade Statistics
- WSTS Inc. is a non-profit corporation whose Bylaws and Charter define services for the world semiconductor industry, including management of the collection and publication of trade net shipments and industry forecasts. The WSTS Committee is composed of member company representatives who submit accurate monthly data from their order-entry systems, attend regional meetings and participate in world semiconductor industry forecasts.
This accurate, timely monthly data is unique. WSTS forecasts are the only ones done by the industry itself.
[ Site Map ]
[ Submit your Site ]
© Sansalone Technical Translations - Cologne, Germany email@example.com